Crash Course in Canadian Employment

MessageThis Webinar is over
Date Feb 13, 2020
Time 01:00 PM EDT
Cost $149.00

Most workers in Canada – about 90 percent – are protected by the employment laws of their province or territory (the other 10% are regulated federally). Each province and territory has its own legislation with requirements and employment conditions that must be adhered to by Employers.
This webcast is designed to provide you with important employment information when carrying on business in Canada. HR Options, Inc. will provide cross-border human resource and employment tips to give you a solid foundation for doing business in Canada.
Why should you Attend:
The difference between the U.S. and Canadian employment environment can be daunting for companies looking to operate across the border. While some similarities exist, this webcast is designed to highlight the best practices in Canadian HR to assist U.S. and international company’s transition smoothly into employing people in Canada.
If you are a U.S. and/or foreign company doing business in Canada or considering doing business in Canada, you should definitely attend this webcast!

Learning Objectives:
  • Overview of Canadian Employment Environment
  • Common Cross-border Employment Errors
  • Employer Liability
  • Policy recommendations
  • Group Benefit Best Practices
  • Cross-border Employment Options
Areas Covered in the Session:
  • How to pay employees in Canada
  • How to navigate a termination
  • Public health care vs. Private plans
  • How to handle leaves of absence such as disability leave
  • Recruiting trends & alternative hiring options in Canada
  • Q & A session
Who Will Benefit:
  • VPs
  • HR Vice Presidents
  • HR Directors
  • HR Managers
  • HR Administrators
  • Benefits Administrators
  • Payroll/Finance Administrators
  • Controllers
  • Managers of Finance
  • CEOs and CFOs
  • Managers and Directors of Operations
"If you need any assistance in registering this webinar and to get Discounts please contact ( or (855) 966 0789. We will be glad to help you."


Create your own event
Turn your passion into a business.
Join our mailing list